2008/09/07

Group meeting

I have now had my girlfriend to visit me in Oslo, which has been fantastic. I have also had my first group meeting at BI together with my group, Group 4. We have discussed the case Mrs Fields over a couple of hours... tonight im going to go through the material and the Schibsted case.

In regards to the Mrs Fields case, we analyzed the situation that arose back in the 80's regarding their IT-system and the vast redundancy information that the corporation had. I also found a source saying that the company filed for bankruptcy in the august 2008. This article tells the story that the P/E backed cookie manufacturer has filed for Chapter 11.

The case is maintained and selected by Espen Andersen. He will also be spearheading the discusson on the Schibsted case.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl. How do you feel about a career within the oil industry in Norway? In times of global awareness connected to global warming, wouldn't be easier to chose a more ethical approach and work in a different market sphere?

Anonymous said...

I dont comment on ethical/unethical career questions on my blog. I do not see any questionable issues in joining an international energy giant. Change can happen from within and some research question the environmental haze we are in rigth now. In the 70s scientist thought that the world was experiencing a new ice age =)
// Carl

Anonymous said...

Please mind my language but this is just bollocks to me. Every action you take is based on an ethical stand. Use your knowledge and skills wisely instead of capitalizing within the dirty oil industry.

Anonymous said...

Fox & Mikkel,

What are you trying to say? Are you saying that there are no "ethical" companies within the energy sector? That by automation, I will become a crook by joining a business wihtin the oil sector? I dont think so to be honest.. and well, Im really interested in the energy market and thats about that. Nice that you are visiting my blogg by the way!
Sincerely,
Carl