2008/12/23

Nippon #1

The worlds largest auto manufacturer, Toyota, is apparently reporting a loss for the first time in 70 years. Well, this still does not mean that they are going into chapter 11. Tell me, when during the last 15 years did SAAB Automobil report a profit? huh? My favourite Japanese auto maker is still Nissan, since Carlos Ghosn took over their entire value chain seems to have gotten a sincere and healthy dose of vitamine, producing "wanna-have" products such as the new 350Z and the Qashqai. A CEO to admire.

Read the story on WSJ.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag ska inte störa din internationella prägel så vi tar det väl på engelska: I will seize the opportunity during the Christmas holidays to catch up on your insightful commentary and interesting links - never disappointing. So, I wish you happy and hopefully relaxing holidays and a "good continuation"! I also feel a little bad saying this, but I'm a bit envious of your weather.. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dan! I am currently working on a short "summary of 2008" that will be up soon - hopefully. I am currently in Shanghai where we have great weather actually, so NOW i can understand if you are jealous. Sincerely,
Carl